Type (Physical characteristics and technical requirements)
Description (Scope and Content)
Includes black and white and color photographs of the Chapel of Our Saviour at 25 South Street, SCI’s headquarters from 1913-1967. Represented under this subject are Christmas decorations, daily chapel services, the organ console, and details of the reredos seascape painting by Gordon Grant and stained glass windows provided by funds from the legacy of William H. Vanderbilt in 1888. A group portrait of Revs. Joseph D. Huntley, James Savoy, G. Basil Hollas, William Haynsworth, Richard J. Bauer, Francis D. Daley, Roscoe T. Foust, John M. Mulligan and Charles Boyton is also included.
Rights (Terms governing use)
Seamen’s Church Institute provides digital access to materials from its Archives for educational and research purposes. Responsibility for determining copyright status of and securing permission to use an item rests with the person desiring to use the material.