Floating Church of Our Saviour (second)

Click Images for Full Size

To Download Images Click Here

Title

Floating Church of Our Saviour (second)

Type (Physical characteristics and technical requirements)

.jpg

Description (Scope and Content)

Photographs of the Floating Church of Our Saviour (second), built in 1869 as a replacement for the first floating chapel, and in operation until 1911. Also represented under this subject are Rev. Archibald R. Mansfield’s last service at the second Floating Church of Our Savior in 1910, the towing of the second Floating Church of Our Savior to Staten Island in 1911, and All Saints Episcopal Church in Staten Island (formerly the second Floating Church of Our Savior) before and during the fire that destroyed it in 1958.

Rights (Terms governing use)

Seamen’s Church Institute provides digital access to materials from its Archives for educational and research purposes. Responsibility for determining copyright status of and securing permission to use an item rests with the person desiring to use the material.

Creator

Protestant Episcopal Missionary Society for Seamen in the City and Port of New York

Date

1869-1958

Series

Item Relations

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Citation

Protestant Episcopal Missionary Society for Seamen in the City and Port of New York, “Floating Church of Our Saviour (second),” SCI Digital Archives, accessed March 24, 2017, http://www.seamenschurch-archives.org/sci/items/show/504.

Geolocation


Rating



Comments

Rating:   

Social Bookmarking